Here is a quick “intuitive assessment” about how well your company functions. Answer these questions—a simple “yes” or “no” will do. Then ask your employees to answer the questions as a validation exercise. What do you think you will discover?
Does you company have:
- a strong set of (published) core values that everyone participated in creating?
- a written vision, mission, and strategic plan?
- a clear organization chart/reporting structure?
- formal job descriptions?
- (published) standard operating procedures?
- regularly scheduled performance reviews?
- a mentoring/professional development program?
- meetings that are efficient and productive?
- communication channels that are open and transparent?
- low “politics” and little miscommunication?
- high customer satisfaction based on consistent feedback?
- performance metrics to help hold your people accountable?
How many “Yesses” are needed for a good score? You be the judge!